Wednesday, June 21, 2006

To Hell with Productivity

You'd think that starting work at five in the afternoon would give you more time in the morning to be productive and make your coming day, and life, just better in general. To go out there and get things done, damnit. But no. You just sleep an extra 7 hours instead. And dream about hitchhiking to California when halfway there, someone FedEx's you (next business day shipping) two completely different but functioning boom boxes. Naturally, this raises a number of questions. First of all, I'm hitchhiking. I mean, is FedEx monitoring my migration patterns? Did somebody stick a tracking device in one of my molars? Do I now have actual justification for my constant and morbid distrust of every single dentist I've ever gone to? I'm keepin' my eye on you, Dr. Yampolsky. And secondly, who do I know who would pay an extra couple of dollars for next business day shipping?


There were no notable insights today. My day consisted of the strange dream described above, and a good seven hours of mind-numbing kitchen work. One doesn't conceive insight in the kitchen. One conceives pizza. And sometimes breadsticks. I don't know if one could claim that a salad is even conceived. I mean, that's just stupid. It's lettuce in a bowl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home